What is a meme??
A meme is just another way to say “link-up”. Or, one might refer to it as a “carnival”. Either way, it’s bloggers getting together and “linking up” to share a theme, topic, photography, or anything else that they fancy. People that join in usually visit other blogs of people who join up and leave a comment. Some memes have rules, and some don’t. That’s the short version!!
I’ve always had a love and passion for vintage things. I love classic movies. I dream of wearing vintage clothes that are now considered retro. I still have many of the toys that I grew up with and even have a couple of my moms. I even like old cars!!
To honor this affection for time-honored things, I created the Flashback Friday meme. I’m hoping that it grows and that others will participate. Here’s a little bit about Flashback Friday and the “rules”….
- Flashback Friday is held every 2 weeks (every other week) from 0001 hours on Friday to 2359 hours on Sunday (12:01 am – 11:59 pm CST). The first one being 25 July, then 8 August, 23 August, 5 September, and so on. Now that it’s taking off again the new dates will be 1 January, 15 January, 29 January, 5 February, 19 February, and so on.
- There are no themes. Just post about whatever classic subject you choose.
- For the purpose of this meme, vintage will be considered pre-1990. After all, I was a teen during the 80’s and loved it!!
- To participate you can share photos, links, videos, music, or anything classic and vintage.
- No nudity, obscene language, and so on. I have a family blog and I’d like those that participate to keep the same standard for the Flashback Friday posts.
- Copy the code above (gray box) and put it in your blog post to link back to this meme.
- Enter your information in the linky if you’re going to participate in Flashback Friday.
- Visit other blogs/sites that are participating and be sure to leave a comment.
That’s all!! I do hope that you’ll join me in this meme as we travel down memory lane and make some great stops along the way!!
Oh, and if there’s enough interest in Flashback Friday, there’s a possibility that I could make this a weekly event. So, just join in and let me know if you like it every other week or if you think that weekly is a good idea!!