browser icon
You are using an insecure version of your web browser. Please update your browser!
Using an outdated browser makes your computer unsafe. For a safer, faster, more enjoyable user experience, please update your browser today or try a newer browser.

2 Days to Go!!

Posted by on 8 January 2012

I can’t believe it….there’s only 2 days to go until my surgery.  Actually, there’s one day and a wake-up!! 

I kept meaning to post for an update, but things have been crazy busy getting ready for this.  I’ve had something going on every day since last Thursday.  I even have an appointment to get the dogs shots tomorrow so that they’re taken care of.

So let me get you caught up.  My scale was perfectly correct!!  I have lost 10 lbs. on the liquid diet.  My sugar is down to 106-112 every single day and that means that I’m down to just one pill for the diabetes.  That’s already a huge improvement!!  However, I’d never stay on a liquid diet for those numbers.  I’m so hungry, but not as often as I was when I started it.  It’s just such bland and boring food.  It’s repeating the same things over and over.  Plus, there’s nothing warm and comforting on a liquid diet.  The only warm liquid is broth or bullion.  That’s alright though, my personal size blender with it’s 4 serving cups is out on the counter.  Just one week after surgery, I can start to try purees and that’s going to mean warm foods and flavor!!

I had my pre-op on Friday.  That was lots of blood drawing and such.  I actually had to spend 4 hours in that hospital.  I had to get a chest x-ray.  I couldn’t go to anesthesia because they were going to lunch, so I went down and pre-admitted myself for my surgery day.  Then it was more blood and back up to anesthesia.  The people I dealt with were so nice and caring though.  That section of the hospital truly cares about you and they like their job.  It really shows!!

I also found out from an LT or CPT that works in the nursing wing where I’ll spend the night that I should have no problems going home the next day.  He said that actually in many hospitals you go home the same day, but this one holds you overnight.  I’m ok with that because then I know I’m ready.  He said the only way you stay is if there’s complications.  I don’t plan on that happening!!  HAHA

Well, I think that’s about it.  I’m super excited and still a little nervous.  I won’t have any updates until I can sit at my desk with my legs hanging and not have to worry about blood clots.  For some reason, they’ve stressed that more with surgery than any other one I’ve had.  And I’m following doctors orders because I’m not letting that happen on my end of it!!

Oh, and I don’t get my surgery time until tomorrow after 1pm.  So I’m still waiting to see what time I go in and stuff.  I’m sure it’ll be somewhat early though.  I just hope it’s not 6:30am because I have to shower immediately before with some special soap that they gave me.  I’d have to be up WAY too early!!  HAHA

For those of you that pray, I’d appreciate prayers for the surgeon and the nurses that they are guided by God’s hand for this surgery and that they don’t forget that I’m NOT just a number.  Throw one if for me too, if you’re so inclined.

I shall return and be on the road to recovery and a new healthier me!!

Please click here to vote for my blog….thanks!!

Leave a Reply