Daily Archives: 15 May 2009
I woke up this morning and followed my usual routine. I turn on the computer and while it loads, I get dressed and ready to go. I then come in and check my e-mail and blog, because I usually post right before I go to bed. I was pleasently surprised to glance at my blog and find out that I’d been given an award.
This award comes from Cascia at The Healthy Moms. She’s one of my newest readers. I saw a comment from that blog and one day went to check it out. An article instantly caught my attention. It was about overweight kids and how much parents had to do with that condition. The article doesn’t totally blame the parents and uses good sources. Being heavy most of my life and having a chubby daughter, this topic is very near to me. It’s also struck a nerve in me to hear on the news that many places are considering charging the parents of obese children with child abuse. This is just insane to me because of the condition of the food that we eat today and the lack of exercise in school, not to mention the stress level of kids in school. Miss K is proof of that. In just one year of homeschooling and getting away from school, she’s lost over 10 pounds and she looks fantastic (not that she didn’t before)!! We’re so proud of her and she’s doing it a very healthy way and NOT starving herself to look like most of Hollywood. Anyway, I’d recommend going and checking out the blog. It’s a good read!!
Now onto the award!! The award that Cascia honored me with is the “One Lovely Blog” award and here it is….
As with almost all awards, it comes with some rules. The rules of this beautiful “One Lovely Blog” award are:
1. Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link.
2. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
Now I’m not sure if I can come up with 15 blogs, especially since they need to be newly discovered. I’m sure going to give it a try though (even if I have to come back to it later). My nominees for the “One Lovely Blog” award are:
1. Clemencia at Storytime and More
2. Rosemary at Free Advice Worth Every Penny
3. Ree at The Pioneer Woman
4. Joelle at Homeschooling for His Glory
5. Tajuana at Cross Rhodes Academy
6. Joyful Songs
14. I, of course, have to present this to Laura at Still Crazy After All These Years and Debbie at Almost….Daily Brain Farts even though they’re not new, but just because they’re such good friends and such good reads. They’ve also branched off into other blogs, that are well worth checking out if you haven’t done so already!!
Thank you so much, Cascia!! I truly appreciate it and I’ll definitely be checking in with your blog. For those I nominated, please let me know when you post it so that I can check it out!!