This is going to be my first attempt at “Thursday 13”. Who knows, I may never do it again!! However, Tammy got me to thinking about pet peeves and then I was on another blog that had some discussion about it. I figured this would be a great topic to so for my “Thursday 13”.
Now, if you see something about yourself here or something you don’t agree with, please don’t take it personal. We all have our “little things” and these are mine. Some rank much higher than others (and I was after 13, after all). So, in no particular order or preference, my “Thursday 13” Pet Peeves are:
Thirteen Things about Elaine’s Pet Peeves
1. Toilet seats left up and nasty women that leave women’s public restrooms a mess – come on, does your bathroom at home look that way?? for pity sakes, flush the toilet and put that tampon in the proper disposal
2. Spam e-mails – if I didn’t request your e-mail or info, keep your junk out of my box!!
3. Music on blogs – it takes forever to load and many times, we don’t share the same musical interests
4. Boys/men with earrings – granted, God didn’t give any of us holes in our ears for earrings, but ear jewelry on a man just isn’t right
5. Car alarms – particularly the ones that go off in the middle of the night or everytime there’s a storm
6. Unruly kids – being nice and no discipipline are the reasons are jails are full, give those kids some rules, follow through with punishment and they’ll probably thank you in the end
7. Cigarette smoke – it just grosses me out and it smells horrible, plus, that smell gets on everything and stays there
8. Inappropriate clothing in church – crop tops, daisy dukes and jeans with holes in them are not meant to be worn into church and show lack of respect
9. $1 million plus a year stars/athletes – most of the time they don’t deserve what they make and a good portion of them are bad example of how to live to the rest of the world, especially our kids
10. Lack of manner and customer service – you very rarely see a man hold a door any more for a woman and there is no such thing as customer service when you go shopping or to the drive-up window
11. Youth/teen slogan clothing – I can’t figure out why parents even buy it for the kids because most of them aren’t a “princess” and if they’re so beautiful, then why are they wearing a shirt telling everyone else that they’re ugly and if daddy can afford to put it on his credit card, I don’t care
12. Pants on boys/men that show their crack or undies – come on, this was started by guys in prison….is that really the impression you want?? if you don’t want to be stereotyped then don’t look like a thug and personally, I don’t really care what your undies look like
13. Cell phones – absolutely the worst invention there was because now people think they can’t live without them….don’t tell me you’re in control of your car while you’re on that stupid phone or have to talk on it for 5 miles or more and don’t tell me you can’t shop without being on the phone the entire time you’re in the store…..I don’t go to restaurants to hear your phone ring, in fact, that’s one of the reasons I want to get away from the house…..if you have that much to say, go home and use the phone!!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
So there you have it….my “Thursday 13” Pet Peeves!! What are some of yours?? What do or don’t you agree with?? (NO arguments please, remember, this is fun!!)