Daily Archives: 14 August 2008
I told Debbie that I’d get these posted on my blog and I can’t let her down, so here they are!! The first is a zodiac compatability chart. The second is a zodiac description. Below each one, I’ll let you know just how accurate (or inaccurate) they are!!
Lets101 Quizzes – Quizzes for Fun
Hubby is a Leo, so the chart says 80% compatible. I’d say that’s about right!! LOL Can’t find much more of a perfect match than that and we’ve been together 23 years and married for 19. I guess it was in the stars for us.
How about you….how compatible are you with your mate??
Lets101 – Free Online Dating
This is scary accurate!! HAHA Let’s break it down a bit….
Outgoing – yes, pretty much so
Lovable – well, you know me, so you decide for yourself (better yet, ask my kiddo and she won’t be the least bit prejudice) 😉
Spontaneous – only to a degree, because I generally like to have some sort of a plan
Not the one to mess with – ah well YES!! ‘Nough said!!
Funny – I have my moments, but I do love a good joke and to laugh
Excellent kisser – HHMMMM we’ll skip that one HEHE
Extremely adorable – but of course!! HAHA
Loves relationships – not so much, just the one I’m in and I don’t like meeting new people to have any sort of relationship (friendship or what have you)
Addictive – well you DO keep coming back to get more of my blog!!
Loud – only if you give me a drink, I’m pissed or watching sports
Stubborn – I plead the 5th!!
Calm and cool – to a degree or you don’t make it in the Army as a wife this many years, but there is the other frantic side at times too
Very confident – yes indeed….I’m happy with ME!!
Sensative – but I don’t cry
Hot but has brains – HAHAHAHA hot as in hot flashes!! I’ve always told people, I might be a housewife, but I know what I’m talking about and I’ll stand by it.
Hyper – not!!
Fun to be around – I’d like to think so
Secrative – nah, anyone who knows me can read me like a book and I don’t have secrets
What do the stars say about you??
This is going to be my first attempt at “Thursday 13”. Who knows, I may never do it again!! However, Tammy got me to thinking about pet peeves and then I was on another blog that had some discussion about it. I figured this would be a great topic to so for my “Thursday 13”.
Now, if you see something about yourself here or something you don’t agree with, please don’t take it personal. We all have our “little things” and these are mine. Some rank much higher than others (and I was after 13, after all). So, in no particular order or preference, my “Thursday 13” Pet Peeves are:
Thirteen Things about Elaine’s Pet Peeves
1. Toilet seats left up and nasty women that leave women’s public restrooms a mess – come on, does your bathroom at home look that way?? for pity sakes, flush the toilet and put that tampon in the proper disposal
2. Spam e-mails – if I didn’t request your e-mail or info, keep your junk out of my box!!
3. Music on blogs – it takes forever to load and many times, we don’t share the same musical interests
4. Boys/men with earrings – granted, God didn’t give any of us holes in our ears for earrings, but ear jewelry on a man just isn’t right
5. Car alarms – particularly the ones that go off in the middle of the night or everytime there’s a storm
6. Unruly kids – being nice and no discipipline are the reasons are jails are full, give those kids some rules, follow through with punishment and they’ll probably thank you in the end
7. Cigarette smoke – it just grosses me out and it smells horrible, plus, that smell gets on everything and stays there
8. Inappropriate clothing in church – crop tops, daisy dukes and jeans with holes in them are not meant to be worn into church and show lack of respect
9. $1 million plus a year stars/athletes – most of the time they don’t deserve what they make and a good portion of them are bad example of how to live to the rest of the world, especially our kids
10. Lack of manner and customer service – you very rarely see a man hold a door any more for a woman and there is no such thing as customer service when you go shopping or to the drive-up window
11. Youth/teen slogan clothing – I can’t figure out why parents even buy it for the kids because most of them aren’t a “princess” and if they’re so beautiful, then why are they wearing a shirt telling everyone else that they’re ugly and if daddy can afford to put it on his credit card, I don’t care
12. Pants on boys/men that show their crack or undies – come on, this was started by guys in prison….is that really the impression you want?? if you don’t want to be stereotyped then don’t look like a thug and personally, I don’t really care what your undies look like
13. Cell phones – absolutely the worst invention there was because now people think they can’t live without them….don’t tell me you’re in control of your car while you’re on that stupid phone or have to talk on it for 5 miles or more and don’t tell me you can’t shop without being on the phone the entire time you’re in the store…..I don’t go to restaurants to hear your phone ring, in fact, that’s one of the reasons I want to get away from the house…..if you have that much to say, go home and use the phone!!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
So there you have it….my “Thursday 13” Pet Peeves!! What are some of yours?? What do or don’t you agree with?? (NO arguments please, remember, this is fun!!)
I had to get caught up with replies to comments, so there’s not much for tonight. I didn’t even get a chance to read any blogs, but I can do that tomorrow and I’ll be caught up with everyone. YAY!!
My doctor appointment went well. Very well!! He was laughing about how quick I went home after my hysterectomy. He confessed how worried he was about me out of his 3 patients for surgery that day. Diabetics don’t usually react well and I was the oldest (about to turn 40….the other 2 were mid-20’s to 30’s). I was amazed that of all his patients, he retold the story of my surgery with precision. He said here I was the oldest and diabetic going home the day after and the other 2 women remained for 4 days. 4 DAYS!! Man oh man!! Then I went back to have my staples removed and I was already healing. He was more than amazed. He asked if I had regrets and I told him that I haven’t looked back. Life without pain is a wonderful thing!! He also told me that if I can’t get in to see him after we retire and don’t like what I find off post, to contact him and he’ll get me in. He said it’d be best to stay with someone that knows my history anyway. I agree!! The only downside is that he wants me to schedule a mammogram. Oh goody, the ole pinched boob treatment. I just hope the tech knows how to handle a real boob. Last time, she had quite the struggle and told me “I’m not used to having to work with this much breast” and then she got embarrassed. Meantime I’m just standing there waiting for it to be over. She asked why I wasn’t complaining about the pain (because I guess everyone else does) and I told her “first, I have a fairly high pain tolerance and second, you have a baby sucking on that for a year and a little pinch is the least of your worries”. She got embarrassed again. You know, they should just call it what it is…..a torture device!!
So, about all I have for you tonight is an update on the Olympics. We didn’t medal in the men’s all around gymnastics. A few mistakes hurt. Did you see that guy from Japan crash and burn. That HAD to hurt!! Phelps qualified….again and will be going after 2 more medals. Other male swimmers didn’t fair as well, but we did bring one home. The women are struggling. I can’t tell you about the other events because NBC isn’t covering them and I haven’t had a chance to read up tonight. Oh….and women’s beach volley ball kicked butt again!! I saw Serena play tennis too. Good stuff!! So, at this point, we’re one medal behind China, but they have a big lead with the gold’s. And check out those Aussies….they’re kicking some butt too!! Poor Miss K still has nothing to track for her country of Belgium. Today’s medal count is: